HAMNASA is an independent, locally-registered Timorese nonprofit with a board, leadership, and staff that reflect the communities we serve.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Marce P.N. Bere
Luis da C. Ximenes
Senior Admin Manager
Rita Suzie Alves
Senior Finance Manager
Senior Clinical Manager
Harmonia Performance Manager
In October 2016, HAMNASA’s founders came together in Dili with the vision of establishing a local non-governmental organization (NGO) run by Timorese with high capacity and integrity to support the public health sector and local communities in Timor-Leste.
HAMNASA’s founders had extensive experience working in close partnership with Health Alliance International (HAI), a USA-based international NGO working in solidarity with Timor-Leste’s Ministry of Health since its establishment in 2002.
From 2017 to 2021, HAMNASA leadership worked under the guidance and mentorship of HAI to build HAMNASA’s organizational capacity, including both technical experience implementing public health activities at the community and clinic levels, as well as financial and operational management capacity.
In Autumn 2021, with the support of its US and Australian government funders, HAI formally transitioned all active Timor-Leste-based activities to HAMNASA. This planned transition included strategies for maintaining the continuity of organizational experience and expertise, as well as project funding, staffing, and timelines. It also signaled HAI’s commitment to global health equity by shifting decision-making authority and strategy to local leadership.
HAMNASA carries on the values and approach of HAI, adapted specifically to meet the systems, environment, and health challenges unique to Timor-Leste.
We encourage you to learn more about HAI’s history in Timor-Leste and 2021 transition by exploring the links provided.
HIDDEN ACCORDION TO KEEP OTHERS CLOSED
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
- [1999-2004] East Timor Maternal Health Project (Multiple Donors)
- [2004-2009] Improving Maternal and Newborn Health in East Timor (USAID CS)
- [2005-2011] Promoting Community Demand for Child Spacing in Timor-Leste (USAID WL)
- [2007-2008] Birth-Friendly Health Facility Project (AusAID)
- [2010-2015] Support for Improved Maternal and Newborn Care in Timor-Leste in Partnership with the Timor-Leste Ministry of Health (AusAID/DFAT)
- [2011-2011] Child Spacing Film Production (UNFPA)
- [2011-2016] Mobile Moms: Improving Quality and Access to Maternal Care in Timor-Leste (USAID)
- [2015-2017] Support of Integrated Maternal and Newborn Care and Liga Inan Scale-Up in Partnership with the Timor-leste Ministry of Health (DFAT)
- [2017-2017] Establishing and mentoring Mother Support Groups to promote Key Home and Family practices for Nutrition, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health and Primary Health Care in Sucos of Aileu and Viqueque Municipality (UNICEF)
- [2017-2021] Support of Integrated Maternal and Newborn Care and Liga Inan Scale-Up in Partnership with the Timor-leste Ministry of Health (PHD)
- [2018-2020] Prontu: Improving health provider skills, competency and confidence to address obstetric emergencies in Timor-Leste (DFAT)
- [2019-2019] Liga Inan 1000 Days Nutrition Project (Child Fund/DFAT)
- [2020-2021] Harmonia Activity: Communities Stopping Gender-based Violence (USAID)
The future of HAI’s values, model, and commitment to global health equity, solidarity, and action is the future of HAMNASA.